Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I WON A NEW MERCEDES!!!!

If I'm to believe the prize notice I got today then I must have won something. Maybe a new car, maybe a dream vacation. The only thing that gives me pause is the notice stamped on the outside of the envelope "I am NOT an advertisement for a time share!"

Well, maybe not... *sigh*

While going through the usual junk mail today I came across an envelope that I would normally throw away without even bothering to open.

Not today.

Instead I decided that I will try an experiment which has been on my mind for quite a while.

I carefully opened the envelope to make sure who it is from and after a quick Google search came across this site: ClownCarBlog
It seems that this gentleman decided to hassle the people hosting the timeshare. It's a fun quick read.

I carefully sealed up the envelope and put a small mark on the edge.
I will be putting it back into the mail tomorrow and I want to see if it will be sent back to me.
If I do get it back, I will mark it again and drop it back into the mailbox.
Cycle repeats.

I'm wondering how often I can get it sent back to me. I also wonder if the sender will actually get charged for each delivery. If this works out, I plan to perform the same test with some credit card applications. Then maybe all of my junk mail.

Imagine, no more landfills created from junk mail. At the same time the post office will not need to raise the prices of their stamps because their income will be supplemented by junk mail redelivery.

My hope is that I can collect about 50-60 pieces of junk, drop them off at the same time and get them all sent back to me. I wonder how long I'll be able to keep this going?

Future updates as they occur....

::UPDATE 01/23/07 - I sent out 2 pieces of junk mail (one for me and one for Glitzy) back on the 18th and they have both just shown up in the mail today. Time to mark them again and send them on their 3rd trip.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home